Sliding Roof Hatches
The PS Sliding Roof Hatch can be useful where roof access is necessary.
The Sliding Roof Hatch is manufactured to custom fit existing or new openings.
The Sliding Roof Hatch is designed to eliminate the effects of wind and positive/negative pressure on roof access openings or floor-to-floor openings. Sliding design reduces maintenance costs, and increases personnel safety.
- Unique Design: The Sliding Roof Hatch is designed to eliminate the effects of wind and positive/negative pressure on roof access openings or floor-to-floor openings. Sliding design reduces maintenance costs, and increases personnel safety.
- Easy Installation: Track is an integral part of the frame and mounts easily on existing or new curbs. Does not require fastening to roof, which maintains the integrity of your roof and reduces roofing costs. Roof hatch operates easily in any weather conditions.
- Custom Sizing: Each Sliding Roof Hatch is built to your size specifications, allowing for retrofit or new construction installation.
- Weatherproof: Sliding Roof Hatch uses a nylon filament brush or neoprene seal around the access perimeter, and a neoprene bulb seal at the leading edge to seal out the weather.
- Rugged Construction: Welded internal steel frame and welded sheeting, to understand the abuses of industrial applications and operate safely for years to come.
- Hatch Door Sections: Sections shall be nominal 2-1/8 inch thick, fabricated with a welded internal steel frame. Sections shall be sheeted on the interior and exterior with 16 gauge flat galvanized steel skins, welded in place. The upper sheet shall form a weather-dam on three sides, and a drip ledge on the trailing edge. Minimum slope of the hatch panel shall be 7/8 inch over the entire panel width. Insulated voids between internal door framing and door skins with fiberglass insulation, the full depth of cavity.
- Curb Frame/Track Assembly: Curb Frame/Track shall be minimum 10 gauge thickness, furnished in one piece (as practical), joints mitered or coped and fully welded. Extensions track assembly shall have guide rails welded in place. Field attach extension track assembly to main curb assembly by bolting. Vertical track support legs shall be furnished at each track extension, integral with track, providing a minimum of 6 inches vertical adjustment to compensate for roof variations. Provide 8 inch square foot pads on support legs. Extension track supports shall not require penetration of the roofing membrane for normal installation. Weatherhood assembly shall be minimum of 12 gauge galvanized steel. Weather hood shall extend full length of track including extensions.
- Trolley Assembly: Rollers shall be minimum 4 inch diameter, non-corrosive treads, fitted with roller bearings and grease seals.
- Handles: Provide one(1) 12 inch bow handle on top side of door. Bottom side of door to have one (1) 6 inch by 8 inch recessed flush pull. Handles to be factory located on door.
- Weatherseals: Perimeter seals to be nylon filament brush in a mill finish aluminum retainer. Seals to be factory located. Bumper Seal at leading edge of hatch panel to be compressible neoprene bulb seal in a compression retainer.
- Finish: All exposed unfinished surfaces to have on shop coat of PS DOORS standard rust inhibitive primer.
- Warranty: Hatch doors, tracks, and guide rollers are to be warranted for a period of two (2) years from date of shipment. Associated hardware to be warranted a minimum of one (1) year or as warranted by the respective manufacturer.
- Automatic Operation
- Finished Painting - First Coat Option
- Sparkless Design Requirements
- Stainless Steel or Other Material
- Latch Assemblies